Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Mixed-Media Scrapbook Layout

Happy Wednesday!  Hope your week is going amazing.  Mine has been quite busy but fun so far.
 As you know, mixed media is one of the latest trends in the industry.  I've been taking classes lately at a local store and have enjoyed them very much.  This was the last project we did.  I am using an art journal which is 8½" x 11".


As you can see here, these are layers and layers of paint using stencils, stamps, different inks and papers.




I wanted to make a two-page layout incorporating these techniques.  I got some 12 x 12 cardstock that looks "altered". Then I found this awesome paper pad by Jane Davenport at Michael's that had the colors that I wanted.


I started layering and playing with papers, paper distresser and some markers.


Voila! Here is my mixed-media layout. Don't be afraid of color and layer, layer, layer! (That's my motto every time  I touch paper.)


Hope you enjoy today's inspiration and venture to play with all your goodies. Have a wonderful and blessed day!





No comments:

Post a Comment