Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Slice of Summer

Good morning and happy Tuesday.  I hope that your week is going well.  I just got some terrific news yesterday from my doctor.  In the six weeks since my surgeries, I am right on track with recovery and can start moving around with my body brace and walker all the time.  Since there is still a danger of re-injury if I fall, I will still have to use a cane and will continue to use the brace for certain activities, since it limits the amount of movement that I should be making.

Well, even though summer officially ended last Friday, I couldn't resist one last picture of two of my grand kids enjoying a slice of watermelon in their back yard.  Seems that most of the watermelons you get these days are the seedless variety.  My DH says that they don't taste as good as the seeded ones he ate as a kid.  Also, he claims that spitting the seeds out is half of the fun.  You can go for distance or spit them at each other.  My grand kids, however, prefer the seedless because they're easier to eat!


Here's the layout that I'm going to put these and other end-of-summer photos in.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment