Thursday, March 22, 2018

True Story

Good morning! I have a great story to share with you today, are you ready? 

Truth: I am "machine challenged". I love them all, I have them all and I still do not know what to do with most of them. 

In one of the crops I attended recently some of my friends were raving about the latest "Brother Design and Cut" machine. I went home and of course I ordered one. I opened it, sat it on my desk and every time I would try to use it about 10 red lights and 20 alarms would go off! I patiently would turn it off.  I am not good at reading instructions, so I watched several videos.  Unfortunately, my command of the English language would disappear and my eyes would glaze over.  I finally decided to return the machine and get my money back. End of story. (Or so I thought.)

Last weekend I attended Vero Scrapbook weekend event and as I walked in the room I noticed that the BIG prize of the weekend was the same machine. I told Barbara the story, she laughed and she said "God will give it back to you, you will win it". I laughed and silently told myself "I do not want it."  I still bought tickets for the raffle and sometime between Thursday and Saturday evening I lost my raffle tickets! I told Barbara about my loss and she replaced my tickets. Raffle time..... at 10:30 pm on Saturday night I won the "Brother Design and Cut" machine, a newer and better model than the one I returned!  There was no cheating!  Another lady in the room pulled the ticket out of a large bowl. Yes, it was my number!

God has a BIG sense of humor.  He gave it back to me telling me "Beatriz, you can do it. I made you smart, I gave you a sound mind and I will help you".  All the glory to God!

When I got home I gave it to a friend in the neighborhood.  I told her to learn how to use it and then bring it back and show me.  I think that this will work.


I love this layout which I titled Rooted in Christ. I used Heartfelt Creations papers.


Have a wonderful and blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment