Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Home Renovation

Good morning and happy Tuesday!  I hope that your week has started off well.  I had a rash flareup over the weekend and the Benadryl I've been taking has me sleeping most of the day.

A little over a year ago our landlord advised us that they would be selling the house we had been renting from them.  We had already tentatively been looking for a new home, but now had to kick it up a notch.  Within 2 or 3 days we found one that, in my words, was "move in ready".

Now, "move in ready" does not mean that it's ready to be moved in to.  Obviously, there are decorating things that have to be done.  Our house has an open floor plan.  The family room's freshly painted accent walls that I was absolutely in love with when we bought they place now had to be re-painted to match the rest of the house.  After all, it didn't match my furniture.

Then I went for the kitchen.  I wanted the wallpaper gone and its walls painted the same color as the rest of the house.  And a tile back splash was also something else that it needed.  We actually bought everything needed for these projects.  My husband got the family room repainted, all of my curtains and other things hung, but only started removing the wallpaper in the kitchen when we had to move in.  Then 2018 happened and the kitchen project stalled.

Recently I told my husband that I would like the kitchen finished before our son and his family arrived in mid-December.  He sat me down and was brutally honest with me.  He told me that the project was going to take several days and that since he works a full-time job, he could only dedicate a few hours to it daily.  I do not like tools and things laying around, but he said that he was not going to waste precious time putting everything away every day.  I'd have to deal with things out of place for a few days.  I reluctantly agreed, and the project is well under way.  The wallpaper removal and the painting is done and he starts on the back splash tomorrow.  I cringe every time I go into the kitchen, but I guess that that is the price of progress.

Here he is showing me just how nice the back splash is going to look.  Eek!!!  Look at those tools on the counter top!!!



Here's the layout where I'm going to put the before and after pictures.  Then I going to go into the guest bathroom and see what can be done in there!


Thanks for reading my blog today.  Have a wonderful and blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. 3d innovations: home renovation singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    engineering consultants dubai
    fit out companies in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    dmt abu dhabi
    dewa application

    ReplyDelete