Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Little Girls Want to Learn

Good morning! Maybe you saw these layouts on Facebook over the weekend already. Well, there's a story behind them. Growing up in Venezuela it was customary to make your little girls learn about sewing, knitting, embroidering, piano, foreign languages (mainly English and French) and of course, choir. Of course, I did it all and then some. My knitting teacher was a lovely lady from the Netherlands that lived down the street from us. It was very common for her to take apart my project and make me start all over again. I was suppose to count stitches!!! 

The same thing was with sewing classes. I remember one time I was suppose to make a shirt and I ended up with a robe! The teacher did not even let me finish it. I still have it in my hope chest! I'm sure my grandkids will get a good laugh when their mother tell them the story.

What am I good at? well..... I never took classes for it but God called me to PAPER and over the years He has done an amazing job training me!!!! I love the story in Exodus 31 of Bezalel and Oholiab. In verse 3 the Lord says that he has filled them with the Spirit of God with skill, ability and knowledge in ALL kinds of crafts. I sure have tried a bunch of them and love them all.



Have a wonderful, fun, creative and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment