Monday, January 4, 2010

My guest in January is: Wendy!

Wendy is my guest this month. I met her at  Treasured Memories in Lafayette. She is a ray of sunshine! She is always smiling, happy, bubbly, and once you meet her you just want to be around her.... Her pages are beautiful and her classes are amazing.... full of the coolest techniques. They are always sold out! Her blog is: http://wendyroo.blogspot.com/  Here is "Wendy" in her own words:


I was originally born and raised as a Texan! I am now a Ragin Cajun, living in the heart of Acadiana. I have family roots that brought me to Louisiana and I have been here for a little more than half my life, so I now call this my home. I have a wonderful husband that is a great father to our 2 boys. When I’m out scrapbooking he is always there to take care of the kids and play with them. He is very supportive of my hobby. Especially during the winter months when he is not playing golf!

 I have been scrapbooking for almost 10 years, but I have always been one to have memory books of high school way back before scrapbooking was around. I started when my first son was born and from there fell completely in love with the hobby and the women and friends that I have made along the way. I teach monthly classes at the local scrapbook store, Treasured Memories, and have been teaching there for about 2 ½ years. I also scrapbook for others and I recently ventured into an online scrapbook kitz business. The name of our kitz are Kitz 2 Go, but we are known locally as “The Kitz Girlz”.

I do have another part time job that I have had for 6 yrs. I own and operate a preschool computer business, in which I teach at privately own preschools. I have been blessed with a wonderful family and wonderful friends and I am so happy to be able to make my beautiful memories last for a lifetime!



My style, well, I must say I am confused in this department! I don’t really know what my style is. When you scrapook for others and teach classes that teach lots of techniques, you loose who you are. I truly think that I am a simple scrapper and I do like layouts that are linear. I am a 2 page scrapper, I just can’t conform to the 1 page idea…it limits me and the amount of pictures that I can put on my page. I tend to take way to many pictures! I do start by collecting papers. I first layout my pictures and how I see them on the page. From there I build a base layout, with just papers. I then embellish my pages. I love things such as flowers (which I don’t get to use often on boy layouts), buttons, Prima, Thickers and lots and lots of fun paper!







No comments:

Post a Comment