Friday, September 10, 2010

Canvas is one of my "callings"........

It's Friday......and Sunday is coming! I love to see every Friday as "Good Friday" every Friday!

Yesterday I taught the Canvas Album class at Paper Moon and everyone  loved their project. They enjoyed experimenting with acrylic paints, water colors, glimmer mists, screens and stamping on fabric.




I made a t-shirt for Melanie and she decided to "personalize" it with glimmer mists so... I had the pleasure to spray her first! It sure was fun....and  now she has a "master piece"!!!!


Paper Poppy Kit has another fantastic kit this month and they also have a sketch and a challenge. They  want you to use at least three different edges. Anything but straight.I followed their skecth and their challenge too. Here is my take:



I made the banner using the Sassafrass music paper. You can see it better right here:



Scrapbook with Treasured Memories is having a grand opening on November 12-14 in  Lafayette, Louisiana.  They are having Donna Downey teach 3 classes on Saturday and Sunday. BUT.....this is what Janeth, the owner,  wrote in her announcement this morning:

 

Lights....Camera.....Scrap it!!!!

Let's roll out the Red Carpet for our guest teachers!!!  Sign up Here for Grand Opening Weekend Classes.....Staring.....Donna Downey!   Special Guest Stars....Beatriz Guzman!!!
Class Dates:  November 12th - 14th, 2010

 

I could not believe my eyes!!!! My name so close to Donna's name..... My husband said that I was the "little band" who played just before "The Beatles"...... (ha, ha, ha). I am VERY honored to be invited to teach at their Grand Opening Weekend!!!! 

Please check out their site for more details and information. Their store, their staff and their teachers are amazing. It is a weekend you do not want to miss! 

 Okay.... I am off to spend the day with a beautiful friend scrappin', shoppin'  and fellowshippin'....

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Love all the pictures and those beautiful smiles. Let's embrace happiness every single moment! Thanks for sharing my sweet friend!!!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun was that misting!!!
    She looks like she is having a great time being "tagged". I think that canvas is definitely your calling!!!!!
    I will be brave one day and try it. I bought some to work with...I just stare at them!
    =)
    Have a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all the fun everyone is having... What a blessing to be able to get together as often as you do. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun you all had! Congrats on your grand opening teaching spot at Treasured Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout! Very creative and love those photos of you! And teaching with Donna Downey. woohoo! You are rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That canvas class looks amazing! I'm going to try to come check it out at TM...you scrappy superstar, you. And if I can't take the class, I'm at least coming to see all you fab ladies. LOVE your PP challenge layout. That banner is super! I added your layout to Mister Linky, which just went up today. Thanks, Bea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That banner is GORGEOUS!!! Ooooohhhh, I truly wish I lived closer to you! I know I'd love your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had a great time at the class you taught. Your LO is great and I love that banner. The pictures you used, just make you smile looking at the LO! Congrats on your announcement with TM.

    ReplyDelete