Monday, April 10, 2017

Aren't Grandkids Great?

Good morning and happy Monday!  It's been one week since my surgery.  They always say that while recovering you have your good days and your bad days.  Mine seem to be split up into moments.  Every day I have my good moments and my bad moments.  A good day is when there are more good moments than bad.  Laughter helps me through the bad moments.

One of the things that we laugh about is a wound drainage pump that they sent home with me.  I have to keep it on for a full week.  It's egg-shaped  and plugs into the wall but has a battery back-up.  When operating correctly, it clicks like a geiger counter.  We call it the "radioactive potato".  If the tube becomes disconnected or pinched, it makes beeping noises until we get it fixed.  Now that we're just starting to get the hang of it, it's coming off.  My DH says that he's going to paint it and put it in an Easter basket for me!

On Sundays my grand kids usually spend the night.  They were not going to let something like a little surgery stand in the way of their weekly sleepover and they both wanted to stay in my bed.  We had a bit of trouble getting them situated so that they were not interfering with the radioactive potato's wires and tubes while leaving me access to get up for potty breaks.

Here are a couple of layouts that I made which show just how special grandchildren are to us.  They're titled Grandma's Boy and Grandma's Girl.



Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for all of your kind words and prayers.  Hopefully I'll be able to post blogs everyday this week.  Have a wonderful and blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment