Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday

Good morning and happy Good Friday!

As a little girl, I questioned why we called the day of our savior's death "Good Friday" rather than something like "Sorrowful Friday" or "Mournful Friday".  Recently, someone told me that it started out as "God's Friday", but then morphed into "Good Friday" over the centuries.  I'm not sure about that because in Spanish, my mother tongue , it is "Buen Viernes" which is a direct translation of "Good Friday".

I'm going to stick with the theory that it's always been Good Friday, because it is good.  Without His suffering and death, there would never have been a Resurrection, which is the cornerstone of all Christianity.

Here are a couple of recent layouts of mine.  This first one is titled "Child of God".


I titled this one "Jesus Loves You".


Thanks for visiting my blog on this very special day.  Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment