Monday, March 14, 2016

Operation

Good morning and welcome to another week.  One week ago today I had my third (and hopefully last) major back surgery.  According to the surgeon, everything went well and I'm home now recuperating.  I've been told that I will need three months to convalesce.  My husband, the rest of my family and my dear friends have all commited to make certain that I do just that.


Before going into the hospital I spent some time packing my bags with pretty things, some of which I made on the Silhouette and Cricut.  The hospital can be a very dreary place.  It's no place for a happy person like me!  Here I am the day after the surgery.  I absolutely do NOT remember this photo being taken.  This is because they have the BEST painkillers in the hospital!


About a month ago I blogged about Dora the giraffe and Anibal the tiger visiting me after my last surgery.  Although neither of them came by this time, I did get regular visits from Julio the rooster.  He would fly across the room from one side to the other.  He's a beautiful jet black rooster with a bright red comb.  And only when he flew could you see the bright red feathers on the undersides of his wings.  As I said, the meds in the hospital are the very best.


Well, I'm home now with specific instructions to not BEND, TWIST or LIFT and to spend more time in bed and less time sitting in my studio.  While in bed, I have spent hours with my new coloring books and all of my pencils, pens and markers within arms reach.  No BENDING, no TWISTING and no LIFTING!  I get it, husband, OK?  I get it!


It is with great sadness that I mention the passing of a wonderful and special young lady, Juliana Gerami, from Lafayette, Louisiana.  A valued employee of Treasured Memories, this beautiful young woman loved the Lord and always had positive words and a prayer for those troubled persons around her.  My heart is so sad to know that I will not see her again until my Father calls me home.  We love you and will miss you, Juliana.  


Thanks for visiting my blog today.  And a very special thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers during this rough time.  Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment