Thursday, December 7, 2017

Warm & Cozy

Good morning and happy Thursday!  Our first house as newlyweds nearly 40 years ago in Indiana had a fireplace.  Although my DH loved it and put some kind of a thing in it that blew warm air into the house, I was not a huge fan.  The soot and the ashes always managed to find their way into the house and him dragging firewood in from outside made a big mess, as well.

Our daughter's house is the same way.  Although they liked their fireplace at first, they quickly tired of it and if you want to make a fire these days, you're going to have to remove all of the candles and figurines first.

That's why I was a bit hesitant about our new house.  It has a fireplace.  However, as soon as I found out that it was gas, I got on board right away.  Hooray!  No fuss, no muss!  You want a fire?  Turn a valve and push a button.  Whoosh!  Instant fire.  Time to go to bed?  Turn the valve off and say "night, night".  What could be more convenient?

Well, we've moving in on Saturday and the temperature is supposed to get down to freezing.  Me?  I'll be right there in front of my CLEAN fireplace on the first night, sipping a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows floating on top!  In other words; warm and cozy.


I'll just need four photos; two horizontal, one vertical and one square.  I'm going to get some new jammies for hubby, too.  Can't have him clashing with the colors in this layout.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment