Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year

Happy New Year dear friends! I know I have not been here for a week or so but life got pretty  busy with the moving into our new home and with Christmas. We are settled in and enjoying our double fireplace as we have had pretty cold weather lately.

I know that New Year resolutions are pretty popular and I was always the first one to make them. But I always failed. So for the last few days I've been meditating on this and I have decided that if God is in control of our lives then it really would not matter from one day to the other, right? The Lord works in seasons, not days. My season has been to quiet my heart and soul before Him. I've learned this the hard way, as I was going thru my back surgeries lately. When you are confined to a bed, in an unfamiliar place (rehab) for many weeks at a time, you start thinking "what am I suppose to learn during this season?" I remember praying "please Lord open my eyes so I see you in my pain. Open my eyes to see where you are today". And He did! I saw amazing women dressed as nurses helping me feel comfortable, I saw awesome cooks making sure I ate a balanced and hot meal. I saw doctors in and out making sure I was healing properly, I saw my husband totally dedicated to me day in and day out, I saw my children and grandchildren poured their time and love on me, and many more countless blessings. I would have never noticed them if I wasn't being still on a bed. I said all of this because I feel that many of you need a word of encouragement. No matter what you are going through, God has you covered. Trust Him to provide everything you need in the season you are in. He will give you EVERYTHING you need!

With all that being said, I wish you a wonderful and blessed New Year!


Allow Jesus to be the Lord of your life this year and taste and see His goodness and love for you.
Blessings to you and thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Feliz año 2018!! Te escribí al whatsapp, revisa. Besos

    ReplyDelete