Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Guest in February is Gine!

 I met Gine last year at Paper Niche. She is a very sweet and talented lady. Her scrapbooking  style is very unique as she combines different mediums. She is an expert when it comes to inking and distressing. This is a picture of her and Tim Holtz during CHA two weeks ago in Anaheim, California. Enjoy!

My name is Gine Silveira I'm a native Norwegian but live in South Florida with my wonderful husband, our 3 children, 2 cats and dog.
Scrapping and photography  have been my passion for over 12 years now, I do not just scrap my own pictures. I love scrapping old family pictures passed down from my parents and grandparents. I am a DT member for The Paper Niche and for Scrapbook Express (a Norwegian scrapbook board) I also work and teach at The Paper Niche
My style is somewhat distressed and vintage....OK very distressed :lol: Tearing, curling and inking my papers is almost a must and so is using metals and stamps. I love making my own embellishments for my pages like tags and flowers, or altering the ready made ones. I'm  a  a messy and impatient scrapper and usually do not have time to wait for things to dry before I continue. I love to get my hands dirty and sticky. My usual comments to my own pages are "but it needs something else" or "something is missing" and I often add to my pages for days after they are "done" and posted. I really like my pages to reflect the picture(s) on the page, to be a continuation of the picture(s) in colors and style.

Thanks for taking the time to read about me and thanks Bea for posting about me 
Here is a link to Gine's amazing  gallery:

She also has a tutoring for making flowers right here:

 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment