Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Birthday

Happy birthday to me! I turn 60 years old today. Wow.... that's a bunch of years! Back in 1958 TV was black and white, the Hula Hoop was all the rage and Super Glue hit the market.  The cost of an RCA refrigerator was $118, and I was born!

I have always loved birthdays. My parents made sure that we felt super special on our birthdays and always made a big deal about them. Well, I still have that in me, and I'd say even more now that I have grandchildren. I chose unicorns and mermaids for my big 60 birthday week-long celebration. My amazing family took me to a beach resort in Daytona Beach Shores for the weekend and we had a fabulous time! Carolina loved every minute of it. She had the cutest outfits to match her "Lita" (unicorn dresses, jammies and bathing suits!)

I danced like nobody was watching barefooted in the sand twirling with my pink tutu early morning one day.


They surprised me with a fabulous dinner at the Chart House in Daytona. My parents owned a condo right across the street! I have not been there in ages. The restaurant gave me a birthday card and also printed birthday wishes on our menu with my name on it!


They allowed us to bring our own cake which, of course, was a unicorn.


I either wore a birthday crown, a princess birthday headband or my unicorn ears either in the water or all dressed up.


I even had a birthday squad! My shirt read "60 and fabulous". My niece Gaby, my sister Andi, my sister-in-law Laurel and my daughter Valerie  were soooo fun in all my "craziness".


Andrew helped me write the number 60 in the sand.


And here is one of the many layouts I will use to document this amazing birthday! 


I can't stop smiling and giving thanks to the Lord for all His goodness in my life. My son Danny is alive! I celebrate life like never before and this is why I live daily, one day at a time, just as He commands us, because tomorrow is not promised. Have a wonderful, fun and blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. These are great photos and memories... Happy Birthday Bea! I hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message! Wishing you many more years, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Bea. I am so glad you had a wonderful Birthday weekend surrounded by loved ones. Love that TUTU and the unicorn birthday cake, cute cute cute.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete