Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Butterfly

Good morning and Happy New Month!  My birthday is in one week and since it's going to be my 60th, I've decided that just one day or even one week is not enough.  No, sir.  This year I'm taking an entire birthday month!!!

This being August, it means that Summer is winding down.  Most places start school well before Labor Day and Gainesville is no exception.  This Summer our grandkids have been in plenty of structured activities.  Andrew went to three week-long "camps" at the local museum.  The first was about sharks & fish (big takeaway for him is that herring communicate by farting), then he had a week about dinosaurs (his latest passion) and then one week about butterflies.  The butterfly week was great because the museum has a large Butterfly Rainforest  Exhibit.  They hatch the butterflies indoors and then release them into the screened enclosure several times a day.  They have to keep adding butterflies to the exhibit since they only live 2-5 weeks.  It's a beautiful exhibit!

They didn't get any pictures so we're going to have to go back there one of these days and get some.  When we do, I have the perfect layout for them.


Actually, this is one of my layout kits from last month.

Well, thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a wonderful and blessed day and don't forget my birthday MONTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment