Friday, January 20, 2012

Tree of love

Good morning! I have a friend at Paper Niche whom I love to crop with.... her name is Mindy! She challenges me to the max! One of her many talents is altered items and she also scraps 8 x 8 layouts. At about 11:30 pm on Saturday night we decided to embellish this Kaisercraft Wooden Family Tree.


This is our Valentine Tree two hours later!!!!!


We painted the wood brown and then embossed it with Bronze Metal Art thick embossing powder, and it just gave it amazing texture.  Then we decorated the little ovals with the fabulous new Kissing Booth from Basic Grey.  Here are some close ups of them!  Mindy decorated this miniature Tim Holtz bird cage.

 
This is another one of Mindy's creation. This bird is sooo cute! He is delivering mail love!



This one is one of Mindy's favorite. She loves how she made it like a little shadow box with the lace around the edges. 

 Mindy used bloomers for the back of this one medallion.


I made the following three medallions. Mindy is really inspiring me to work with very small pieces!!!!



 
Our beautiful creation is on display at the Paper Niche for those of you who are local in South Florida, and it's so much prettier in person!!! Stop by Mindy's  blog so you can see more of her fabulous creations. As a matter of fact, she was recently published at the Cricut Home Decor magazine. You can see it HERE.

I will be teaching at the Hobby Lobby in Dothan, Alabama this weekend. I am so looking forward to seeing my friends there, I miss them soooo much! Have a great, restful and blessed weekend and thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Bea. Love both of your guys stuff on here. Mindy is bery talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! So much detail to this valentine tree it is beautiful. Loved the little shadow box it is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is just awesome. I love all the detail and that embossing powder turned the base of that tree into a work of art. Love this! TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say is WOW -- left me speechless.
    Drive safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI BEATRIZ,

    IT CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE IT!!

    HUGS,
    MICKEY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a transformation into 'fabulosity'.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's stunning! What a change from the plain tree you started out with.

    ReplyDelete