Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dothan, Peanut capital of the world!

We take so many things for granted... including the city/town where we live! So last week I made a commitment to myself to discover the beauty of the city where I live. I stopped at Sam's and saw this giant peanut at the door! I remember reading somewhere about the peanuts all over town. Well, this is why there are peanuts all over Dothan:

Since approximately one-fourth of the U.S. peanut  crop is produced nearby, with much of it being processed in the city, Dothan calls itself "The Peanut Capital of the World."

I made a special page today honoring the peanuts of Dothan using the Paper Poppy Co. June's kit, which is fabulous by the way. You can purchase it here:  http://paperpoppykitco.blogspot.com/









13 comments:

  1. Hermosisimo amiga ! Me encanto esa combinacion del blanco y negro con el amarillo, y q casualidad q yo hice un LO q lleva una flor con una tecnica parecida a tuya, la pondre esta tarde pues es para participar en tu challenge ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout, Beatriz! I love the patterned paper and the flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatriz, I love the picture of you and the peanut! Your layout is so pretty, I love the flowers and the black and white paper. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, but you are so right in that we do take out cities and states for granted. What a great idea to go out and rediscover yours again! Love that Peanut, and of course your LO is just great and love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. I love the yellow flowers going around the circle! Hope you are having a wonderful week Beatriz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and I bet no one has done a better scrapbook page to honor Dolthan's Peanut capitol! I never knew that Alabama even grew peanuts till I moved here. See I guess we just need to stop and smell the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun page, great creativity! I like the playfulness of the layout and the history you gave for making the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Beatriz! Don't you just love that kit. I agree with you on what we take for granted regarding where we live. I live in the Nations Capitol and am guilty of never seeing the Cherry Blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are beautiful! I love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatriz...that giant peanut is tooo cute!! Love this LO with your Paper Poppy Kit!! Your black and white flower is sooooo amazing!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea!!!
    What a great project!!!
    I wonder what treasures my city has to offer...thanks for the idea!!!
    Fantastic layout!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute picture of you and Sam the peanut!!! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete