Friday, June 25, 2010

In honor of my husband Steve

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10

 Once in a while you come across  someone who truly inspires you for the way they lead their life. 
When I read this scripture this morning my husband's face came  to mind and even though it is not Father's Day, his birthday or Christmas, I want to take the time and  honor him today.

Steve is a "doer' and has a beautiful servant's heart. See, he lost his job back in February. I saw him coming into the house with  the news and on the same breath he said: I am going to change clothes and go help Carl because his garage door doesn't work. Okay......




He has a heart for the youth. Back in South Florida he volunteered at Firewall Ministries tutoring kids after-school. He helped them with their homework, specially with math, algebra and calculus. Yes, he is an engineer, that's his profession. Here in Dothan he loves to visit Karen's class.




 He is my "private" security officer. When we meet at night at church for our card ministry he guards  the doors and makes sure no strangers walk in. He wears proudly  a "sheriff star" which I bought at the dollar store.




He is very talented with a sewing machine! I am trying to convince him to be our "Sewing Teacher" at Paper Moon.





He is  a great babysitter! Baby Lt loves him, specially when they play "ball'.






 He loves to help out at the Farmer's Market on Thursdays. He is there to set up and to tear down. He is there to pass out water to the vendors and to help them feel loved and welcomed.

 

 He loves tools! He can build a cabinet, a door, or an entire house! No job is too big for him.




And when he hangs something up...... it will not come down!!!!!!




He loves to build cars... pine cars, hot rods, etc, etc, etc.


He is a terrific tour guide! He took a friend of mine and I into an unforgettable tour of the city. He took the time to read about its origin, history and major attractions of Dothan.




He is a fabulous husband and provider and he makes me breakfast every morning!


He is a terrific father, always there for our children even though they are both married and live away.


He goes to early morning prayer (6 to 7 am) everyday with me. His favorite prayer is for the men of the church. He asks God to raise up godly men who will impact their homes, their cities and their nation. 






He is not perfect by any means but he sure is a doer of God's Word. Even though he is walking through a hard valley in his life right now, he has no "idle hands". Whatever comes into his hands he does. 


I love you Steve. Thank you for being you.

22 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Bea! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Steve yet, but I'm so happy you both have each other. You've inspired me to honor my husband tonight and tell him how grateful I am for him. Hug yours tight and enjoy life. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Bea, you are so lovely! What a tribute to your husband. Thanks for sharing this. It makes me more grateful for my terrific husband. What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love your husband now, too! What a sweet story to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet tribute to your husband. He sounds like a great guy. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooo cute!!!!! and sooooo true!! mY husband and I are the founders of Firewall Ministries.. Steve was always so faithful, helpful and loving. My husband and him became good friends... the kids love him, and often ask for him to come back. Bea, God is so faithful and true, and it is a blessing to have Steve in our lives. God bless you both!!!! we <3 u so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing Steve is to you, his children, friends and community! God knows what He is doing and places special people in others lives for a reason. We can see that he has done this with Steve! Thank you for sharing your story and what an inspiration he is to us! I'm gonna go get my kleenex now ... TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sounds like a great husband, father, babysitter, and more! A keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post has given me goose bumps!!! So heartfelt and wonderful!! Love this tribute. It is so important to remember and voice the wonderful people in our lives!! This has reminded me to tell my husband tonight how wonderful he is in my life. Thank you for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tribute to him. He sounds wonderful and now every follower on your blog is in love with him too! Thanks for being a blessing to him and to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tear-drop...love you & steve...you described him perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beatriz, how wonderful you are to recognize and appreciate what a diamond you have as your spouse! So many people take so much for grant when it comes to their partners.

    How blessed you both are too, to have each other.

    I love what you've written and I don't blame you give all the praises you can!!! Not only do you have a handsome hubby, partner, provider, savior, best friend, you have a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I was doing pretty good reading this until I saw the picture of him praying. That did me in! LOL. He reminds me of my husband -- always helping people (I have told my husband that is his gift). What a blessing to have such Godly husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This brought tears to my eyes! What a lovely tribute to your wonderful husband. Truly there are not enough people in this world like him. You are truly blessed to have him in your life, as he is to have you in his.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great example of how we should all be honoring and helping our husbands .. instead of expecting more from than every day. How fortunate you are to have a guy such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bea what a great story and a way to honor Steve. He is such a great guy with everything that he does for everyone, and he truly looks happy in every picture you show of him. Breakfast every morning, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful story and what a wonderful way to honor him. You are blessed to have him in your life. Many blessings for him!!!!

    Saludos y abrazos......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beatriz... you have an amazing husband!! He truly has a heart for God and God has a plan. My husband lost his job after 20 years with a company. 4 months before he was let go he was one of five people brought up on stage in front of thousands of employees to be applauded as a top performer!! After a year with out a job in an extremely difficult economy, my husband not only found a new job, but he found a job he loves so much more than the one before!! I really do believe that God takes care of his flock. Your husband has so many fabulous qualities... God will reward him and your family!!! Thank you for sharing your husband with us today... he is an incredible man and an inspiration for all of us!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, too, had tears in my eyes when I finished reading that story. You are truly a lucky person to have such a wonderful husband. None of us are perfect by any means, but your husband is a God fearing man, who has love for his fellow man. WOW! He is also lucky to have you in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gooooo Steve!!!!, yes I agree with you, he is there always for anyone who needs him, and a very clever, well read man, I a so glad we have the priviledge to call him (and you) a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely the sweetest thing and most wonderful tribute I have ever read. You are blessed and I think he is too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow ! q bello es tu esposito y q historia tan digna de seguir como ejemplo !!!
    Que Dios los mantenga siempre unidos en su amor para el bien de la humanidad !
    Porfa Bea dale mis saludos especiales a tu esposo de mi parte !
    Un abrazo.-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! que tributo tan bonito le hiciste a tu esposo, casi llore cuando termine de leer, ahora yo tambien lo quiero mucho saludos y que siga adelante como es.
    ((((abrazos y besos para los dos)))))

    ReplyDelete