Thursday, June 24, 2010

Double pages and Liz Qualman's challenge!!!

My friends and I have been scrapbooking everyday this week at Paper Moon's new location. They have this amazing scrapbooking area with all kinds of tools, cartridges, and 6' tables per person. This is what I made yesterday. "A stroll in the Park" was done with BG Kioshi line. I also used Tim Holtz' die cuts for the bird, the cage and the swirls.






This one took forever to make! I used Stampin'Up! slit punch to make the edges.




There is a BIG story behind these pictures and I tried to capture the moment by journaling with specific words all over the page. This young girl prayed and asked God to reveal what was hidden in a particular situation in her life. Three days later He answered and brought everything to light. Thank God that her mother and sister were there with her to give her all the love and support she needed.  I made this page with a  big sun shining wanting to reflect that God's light is stronger than any darkness we might face.





This next page is Liz Qualman's sketch (http://lizqualman.blogspot.com/).  Again, her sketch has room for 3 pictures. I used June's  Paper Poppy Kit.



These are my precious friends Lucy, Nathalie and Debbie at the Paper Niche in Ft. Lauderdale. Lucy is a police officer and she was scrapping  just before she went to work and she was wearing her gun!!!! I had to preserve this moment with a photograph!!!!! She is in the Design Team at Paper Niche and she also teaches. Her work is amazing. You can visit her blog here: http://lucisscrapoddities.blogspot.com


4 comments:

  1. Wow Bea! It must be so much fun to scrap with your friends... It looks like you all have so much fun!! You did a fabulous job on all of these, they are just beautiful. My favorite is the first one, the 2-pager!!! The photos and embellies are just gorgeous!!! You are definitely a "Scrapbook Queen"!!! Have a wonderful evening!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are amazing. The love you pour into these pages shines through! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My word these LOs are fantabulous!!!! The first LO is gorgeous with the yummy flower ribbon and the die cuts are amazing!!! And I adore the bright colors in the second one!! The words are a great accent and the flowers in the cirles look great!! Finally you totally rocked the sketch with your PPK!! I think it is great the way you scrapped book the "official" officer!! Fun memories!!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO's Bea, I really like that stampin up punch border. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete