Thursday, June 30, 2011

Paper Niche sneak peak

Good morning! It is almost time for another fabulous Paper Niche Kit release. This is a sneak peak of one of my projects. I will show you  the rest on Friday.




I made this 12x24 shadow box for my friend Cathy.  It is her birthday gift to her son who never got to meet his grandfather nor has even seen a picture of  him. Both he and his own baby boy were named after him.


This is the grandfather's everyday pocket watch which still works!  You probably couldn't get $2 for it in a pawnshop, but as a family heirloom it's priceless!



We couldn't find a 12" x 24" shadowbox anywhere, so we made one using an inexpensive 12" x 24" picture frame from Hobby Lobby.  My husband added a second "frame" of 3/8" thick flat moulding trim to the back of the original frame and painted it to match.  He used glazier points (how cute are those?) to hold the glass in place and then the layout was fastened to a piece of tempered hardboard (pegboard without the holes) which was screwed into the back of the frame.  It's not as deep as most shadowboxes, but was more than enough for this project.




Mary Kate came to scrap with us and she looked like a princess!!!! I can't believe she is 4 months already.


Check out her diaper, panties, socks and shoes.... I am sooooo glad my sweet friend Karen had a girl and not a boy!

Have a great and blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have the words! I knew what I wanted but did not know how to put it together, Bea was the only person that could do it! Steve, you are a treasure. Our lives are so much richer because of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your kit, I love love love the frame!! he should make a video :) and the baby... she is so cute!! I used to dress my daughter like that.
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the great shadow box that you put together with the poscket watch - what a wonderful keepsake that is!
    The baby is gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Mary Kate is adorable. :) Love that gorgeous shadow box too. :)

    ReplyDelete