Monday, June 27, 2011

Your village called . . . they're missing you REALLY bad!

Good morning! Hope you had a fabulous weekend. There's something to be said about locking our studios when we go out.  While I was away cropping with friends, my husband sneaked into mine and decided to make the Village People on the Cricut.  "What's the big deal?", he says, "I just used scraps!"



"It wasn't all that hard.  Everybody except the 'biker' had a ready-made pattern. I had to get creative with him.  He's kind of a 'hybrid' using five different characters & the vest cut freehand.  I had to cut up an old CD case for the vinyl.  She's got acres of paper, but not one square inch of vinyl!"



Well, scraps or not, I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easy!  We jazzed them up a bit and made this layout with them.  Not having any pictures to go with the layout, we went to the shopping center and made some.  It turned out nice ... don't you think?


Most men his age would fantasize about being the 5th Beatle.  Not my hubby ...


 "What?", he says, "I think I would've made a GREAT pirate!".



Have a great and blessed day!

19 comments:

  1. Wow he did a fabulous job on those ymca people....love them. I also love the photos you took of your hubby to go with the paperdolls. He is too funny. I bet you get alot of laughs. Some husbands would not be as crafty with paper. Especially mine...he is very crafty with wood and other materials but he would of never dared to go into my craft room...hehe. Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann UhrenholdtJune 27, 2011 at 8:54 AM

    Too Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK....so fun! Love this. Your husband's picks are right on with the Village People. Thanks for the SMILE today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!! That is to funny... I love it. The best laugh I have had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful husband and what a sense of humor but we knew that already by his video he did. What a great layout and the people in the stores must have been laughing also. So many smiles you put on people's faces Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun is this?!!! Just too cute. Guess you better get a lock and key on that door or you will find a desk set up nest to yours when you come back! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hee hee What a fun post and your DH sounds hilarious!! He did a great job with the die cuts and love the photo of him with the village people. I had this album as a teenager. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, you are one lucky lady to have a hubby that shares in your passion. Maybe One day I can get mine to create with me..Wont hold my breath though..LOL
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! He did a great job! It put a smile on my face today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are the Best!!!
    LOL!!!
    XOXO< Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, Baby! This is super adooooooorable!!! You did an amazing job with this page Beatriz. Todavia me estoy sonriendo...gracias por compartir tu talento.

    abrazos querida amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh.....way to funny but what an awesome layout. You might just have to let him get in there more often!
    Sandy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that is FABULOUS!!! You'll have to bring him to the paper niche and he can have his own class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job hubby! You both have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun layout!!!!! Love that your hubby got creative with the Cricut!!! Even more, just love that he was willing to get dressed up for pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, he did a fantastic job!!! Wish I get my hubby more involved!

    Beatriz, don't you dare lock that door on your sweet hubby -- let him have some fun too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun!!! I'm loving those village people!!! You're hubby is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tell your husband that he is the bomb!!!! His people are adorable, and so is the layout!

    ReplyDelete