Wednesday, June 8, 2011

She's a Sassy Lady Wednesday!

Good morning! I am a guest designer at She's a Sassy Lady. Today's project is very easy and fun to make!

 Step 1:
Cut out a good number of 1” wide strips from  variety of patterned  papers. The number of strips needed will vary depending on the size of your paper.



                  
Step 2:
Fold each strip in half lengthwise.

Step 3:
Alternating the patterns, glue the strips overlapped onto a 4” x 12” piece of cardstock; angle them or "fan" them if you’d like.                             

Step 4:
When the glue is dry, turn the piece over and trim off the overhanging edges.

Step 5:   
Voila! Look how pretty it turned out!!!


Step 6:
I made way too many strips so I used them up making other shapes.                                   


        
Here is the layout I made using this awesome technique.
                           

Here is a close-up of the large circle.

Here is a close-up of the smaller circle.


Hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you Sheila for having me one more time! Have a great and blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. Bea this page is just GORGEOUS! love the special effect this folding techinique gives your layout. Thanks for sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW how cool is this!!!! Love love love your layout and the colors....wow!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this technique Beatriz!!! Love your layout and all of your outlining!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bea, this is awesome! Love how your page turned out! While I was here, I also enjoyed seeing you 4th of July page! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo crafty clever and cute on your page. Fab idea. Will try this soon on one of my new pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful layout using the folded strips- will have to keep this is mind...like all the other wonderful ideas I see on all the blogs. And yes we were told my son was Shaggier than Shaggy when we were at Universal that year..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es un conjunto grandioso, pero lo que mas me gusta son las fotos, se ve que se han divertido mucho, Saluditos cariñosos Bea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amigaaaa me provoca hacer este proyecto ! muy buen TUTO! y esa doble paginita me fascina, el titulo mejor imposible ! y las fotos muuuuyyyy acordes con lo dramatica q somos hasta para reirnos !!!! jjjejej Buena inspiracion !
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete